Friday, April 10, 2009

One Huge Weekend Project ~ Warning: Tons of Pictures

This last weekend was amazing as far as weather was concerned. John felt it was the perfect day to completely revamp the garden in our backyard. He had been wanting to do this for some time, but I knew that it was going to be such a huge project that I was dragging my feet about getting it done. I really liked the idea of just having our huge garden, but John was more interested in having it decorative. So I just let him do whatever it was he wanted ~ with the condition that he didn't expect my help :) So it turned into a "boys" project.

John starting on building the beds

He's smiling at the start ~ not so much by the end of the day!

One of Connor's goofy faces after being out in the dirt

Hunter ready to report for duty...safety glasses and all

Moving the wood for dad

A current view of our garden ~ before remodel.

Putting together one of the boxes




Jazzy was making lunch for everyone while the boys worked outside

....and this is what I was doing...paying bills and organizing my catch-all basket

Part of the layout for the new garden

Now comes the hard part...shoveling all the dirt from the garden into the boxes

Many hands make light work





3 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

I'm impressed! Nice garden set up.

The Hojnackes said...

Your garden looks great!
We've been working on similar things for our garden. It is just taking a long time with us working on the doors and the bathroom at the same time!

Stephanie said...

Okay, now send John over and let's do that again for our garden... thanks!!!! It looks great... :o)