Monday, March 9, 2009

I Heart Ikea!

The last weekend in February my mom, sisters and I headed up for an overnight visit to Portland. On the agenda was hanging out with Jason and Erin (my brother and his girlfriend) a stop at the fabric depot and of course a visit to Ikea. I love Ikea!! For those of you that have never been ~ a visit to Ikea is quite the experience. The top level is all displays and layouts. The bottom floor is where you can find all of the items upstairs...It can be quite overwhelming! We made it through in record time ~ just under three hours. I got out of there with only purchasing a little table and chair set for Trin and Conner, new dishes and a few other little odds and ends. Jason had opted to stay home and study instead of going with us ~ So we met him for a late dinner at the Black Rabbit (at Edgefield ~ a McMenamins) and then a trip to Rimsky Korsakoffee House.
This pic was taken at Rimsky's. It was pretty late so we were all pretty whipped. (Mom, Me, Ash, Erin, Jason and Amy)

John and Hunter putting together the little kids table.Hunter was pretty proud of the fact that he put together the chair all on his own.
Conner sitting down to lunch at their new table. He and Trinity love eating all of their meals at the little table right next to our big table.

2 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

I love IKEA too!! We had that same table for the girls

Stephanie said...

I love IKEA, yet I have not been to the store. I have heard rave reviews... someday when I have FREE TIME ~ ha ha ha... sorry, someday I'll venture up north and stop in to see it for myself.