Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting ready for camping

John and I are frantically getting ready for camping today. We have totally procrastinated for this trip. With John working long days and doing homework, and I am home with five kids (of course the fact that I bought Breaking Dawn at midnight on Friday didn't help any either!) we have not gotten near as much together as I would have liked.


So here it is Wed. morning, I am only about half packed and we are leaving around 6 tonight. We are going to spend the next 4 days with our family at my dad's property over in La Pine. My brother Jason and his girlfriend Erin are coming from Portland. Then my sister Amy and her family, my mom and step-dad and then my dad and his girlfriend as well as our family ~ all getting together to camp. I am looking forward to some much needed R & R!!

My dad's property is 20 acres, but it doesn't have electricity or any kind of plumbing ~ so we are roughing it in some ways. The nice part is that the property is part of a gated community and they have a rec center that has a nice pool, shower and flushing toilet - yay!!

Trinity is so excited for the trip ~ we had just pulled into the driveway from shopping last night ~ she unbuckles her seat belt, gets right up in my face and tells me "Oh mom, we are going to have such and adventure camping!" If she only knew!!

Here are a few fun pictures that I took of Trin and Morgan (my niece) this morning as I was getting ready for the trip.


Nummy doughnuts for breakfast ~ what a treat!





Watching some cartoons in their "cars"






Cheese!!








And of course Roxy, doing what Roxy does best!



See ya when we get back!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Have soooo much fun. I'll flush a toilet and take a warm shower in honor of your 'roughing it'... see ya next week!